What we Do
How can we help?
We provide companies and entrepreneurs legal solutions in labor, social security and migration matters, with a special focus on their business needs.
We are part of a labor firm with global reach. We have over 850 lawyers across 52 offices in Mexico, the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, France, the US Virgin Islands and throughout the United States. We have the necessary resources and coverage to address the labor-related needs of companies and businessmen anywhere in the world.
Our multilingual team offers companies and entrepreneurs of any size specialized consulting, effective representation and committed to value-added service for our clients.
Ogletree Deakins Mexico provides high quality legal assistance in labor, migration and social security matters (including planning stages), advising you in every aspect inherent to individual and collective labor relations, as well as litigation and procedural procedures of a labor nature. The following are among our areas of expertise:
- Assistance in the recruitment of employees in Mexico, whether these are national or foreign.
- Strategy and planning of avant-garde labor structures enabling the reduction of operating costs.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of individual and collective labor contracts, procedures manuals, internal regulations and human resources policies, as well as codes of ethics and conduct.
- Preparation of provision of professional services, personnel or inter-companies contracts.
- Accompaniment in negotiations and labor unions disputes.
- Aspects inherent to mergers and acquisitions, such as employee transfers, downsizing and suspension of labor relations.
- Specialized counseling in labor matters in relation to the current laws, including “outsourcing” and “insourcing” schemes.
- Analysis of settlement packages, work benefits and all kinds of working conditions.
- All aspects related to migration procedures for companies sending employees to Mexico or transferring Mexicans to anywhere in the world.
- Follow-up of audits carried out by labor authorities (development and closing stages).
- All aspects related to the termination of labor relations with executives.
- Labor litigation
Our litigation and counseling practices have extensive experience in interpreting the labor laws of our countries, including the Mexican Constitution, the Federal Labor Law, the Social Security Law, the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, among other federal and local laws and regulations. Our litigation experience in terms of labor disputes involves the protection of trade secrets and confidential corporate information, as well as restrictive non-competition clauses.
We also have wide experience in counseling national and transnational companies, ensuring that they are in compliance with Mexican Labor Laws. Additionally, we have the necessary knowledge to support our clients from the moment they wish to establish their business and commercial operations until the closure of their workspace. We have experience in matters such as: a) consulting and day-to-day labor assistance in relation to the human resources divisions of our clients; b) investigation of issues involving employees; c) creation of strategies for the transfer of employees and the termination of contracts, from the planning, to the implementation stages; d) the implications of the Labor Law regarding mergers and acquisitions; e) implementation of corporate, subcontracting structures and inclusion of companies specialized in professional services; f) compliance with the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and Government Standards (NOM´S); g) follow-up to audits carried out by labor authorities (development and closing stages); and h) strategic planning of work benefits for employees, among other matters.
Our lawyers also provide training related to compliance and best practices under the Federal Labor Law, to the legal and human resources departments of our clients. We focus on the administration and proper management of the personnel, as well as on the common challenges in the workplace.
Our office is uniquely positioned to address labor matters anywhere in the world, including the assistance of cross-border projects of companies and entrepreneurs that currently have influence or wish to expand their businesses to other jurisdictions.
In addition to the international team of Ogletree Deakins lawyers across two continents, we rely on our associate partners in more than 100 jurisdictions throughout the world. We actively support our clients with the management of their projects in any corner of the world where it is required, providing them a single point of contact. Our clients receive practical advice and counseling that they require in a way that benefits them both legally and economically.
To know more about how we can advise you or in case you need to discuss with us any particular issue, please contact our Managing Partner in Mexico City, Pietro Straulino R. at: Torre Omega, 15th Floor, 345 Campos Eliseos, Polanco Chapultec, Mexico City, Zip Code 11560. +(52) 55 9156-3989, Pietro.Straulino@ogletree.com